M.I. Permafrost Prevention Cable
Mineral insulated (M.I.) cable consists of one or two conductor heating elements embedded in highly compressed magnesium oxide covered by a copper or an Alloy 825 stainless steel sheath.
Each Delta-Therm M.I. Cable assembly is fully terminated and moisture proof. The end termination consists of a 3' (91cm) thermal gradient section connected to 20' (6m) THWN cold leads. The cold leads are crimped and soldered to the thermal gradient section, insulated with a high-dielectric, high-temperature tape, and epoxy potted in a rigid brass sleeve. The thermal gradient section is silver soldered to the heating element and protected by a rigid brass sleeve.
- UL Listed and CSA Certified for freezer floor permafrost prevention applications;
- 12 - 480 VAC;
- Custom cold lead lengths, up to 200';
- Numerous resistance values;
- Flexible cable that is easy to form;
- Specified wattage output;
- Seamless copper or Alloy 825 S.S. sheath;
- H.D.P.E. overjacket copper sheath;
- Fire resistant;
- Made of inorganic materials that will not degrade;
- Low inrush current - breakers are not oversized;
- Custom design with CAD layout drawing and site specific details;
- 10 year standard warranty - can be extended to 15 years with wiring inspection;
- Assembled in the U.S.A. - meet the A.R.R.A.
Two Conductor M.I. Permafrost Prevention Cable Assembly
One Conductor M.I. Permafrost Prevention Cable Assembly